Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Montye's Sun

So, Back in the States last year, before we left...Brad and I were working on raising money for sarcoma and my cousin who has a rare type of cancer that only affects 1% of cancer patients and those are usually chilren and young adults. It was our way of dealing with her cancer.  We felt like we were doing something, well we did a good job and got some donations and had a bake sale so we ended up raising about 900 dollars in 2 months, while we were trying to move.  We had big plans for Montye's Sun, but we have slowly put them on hold since Montye was doing well, and the moving thing, it was very overwelhming for just the 2 of us. 

But yesterday I got an email from my bestest buddy cousin!!! Johnny O, he wants to get it up and running again, so that really sparked me, because it is hard dealing with a family memebers struggle when you feel like you are literally in another world, and I guess you are.  So it was great to hear a positive voice and know that we are going to get everything back on track!!!

About feeling like I am in another world, I feel like I have glimpses of the old world when I talk to someone, but I feel that there are 2 worlds spining on an axel and I am on one, and everyone I have known before Jan 7th 2010, is on the other.  I thought I saw a person, I was not a huge fan of yesterday, and I was so excited that I almost ran up and gave this huge hug to a random person, it was a weird feeling because I would have not thought I would have been so excited to see them but since they were from the other world, I guess I wanted to see them more than I thought!!!

Back to Montye's Sun, it was a goal to start a non-profit to raise money for sarcoma research and a chosen family to help with their needs during this difficult time.  Well anyone that wants to help, bring it on, we need it again, back stronger and better, so check out the website, we will be updating it, and making it better,
http://premium.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?alias=premium.bluesombrero.com/montyesun

Talking to John was such a refreshment!!! He is such a fighter like everyone else in our family!!! So Let's go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment