Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Could not Sleep well the Past few days

So the past fews days have been a little heck tick...Munson's flight is offically booked so unless there is a volcano in California, tokyo, or Denver, Munson will be here next week yay!!! So that is wonderful news!!!

On the Ortstadt side of things, we got some bad news that we are not sure what to do with yet...it is unofficial and still on the down low, but last night after the lady called about Munson's flight, so I was awake at 1 am, and I could not sleep, so I was thinking Ok, what can I talk about on my blog, I need to keep updating it and get in a better habit.  So yesterday at work I was talking to Yumiko-san.  She said she liked my earrings.  I was like thanks!!! But they are really heavy.  I said it makes me ears feel saggy. She said "Oh that is good, larger earlopes mean good fortune, and luck in Okinawa."  SO everyone, wear your heavy earrings and you will have good luck and good fortune!!!  So  I am not done yet....you guys know how I talk and think....my thoughts are running wild and I started thinking about the Chinese Zodiac Signs.  I was wondering what year, I was and what animal and what it meant.  So today, I decided to look it up...

Now I am not a believer in Zodiac and other forces that do not support God, but it is interesting and fun, to look at and I found some interesting things in the Zodiac signs, this morning, so this will be something fun for everyone to look at and compare. Just fun information...
Well I would like to say that the year 1983 is the Pig or Boar.  Now most people would be like, yuck who wants to be a big fat pig!!! Well in the Japan and China the pig is one of the luckiest signs to be, for numerous reasons but the main one is, you will be lucky, because you will not have to work hard and you will prosper in money and life...they reasoning is look at a pig, they get to be fat and lazy, eat all the time and other take care of them!!! So yes!! I am a lucky pig that people will wait on me while I eat and make money... By the way this has not happened yet, but maybe I have time to see!!! i will say that I am very lucky for my friends and family and life soo...it might be more true!!!!

Well now I am going to talk about a few people that I know wont mind me talking about on my blog...
Well my Brother Chris is the Ox, they work hard and are humble people...this fits him perfect, Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.


Boar/ Pig is me, we are Honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naïve, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic. I try to embody most of these things, and think these  fit me pretty well.  I need to definately work on a few...
 
Brad is a Monkey, which kinda just fits just in the name...he he...Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, artistic, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious.  Some of these are dead on but some are off, but it is interesting to look at how the describtions change and how they fit too....
 
Kathy is Tiger...Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish, aggressive, moody.  Kathy is a very sprited person and always has been, Aunt Ann wanted to bottle up her energy and become a millionaire selling it, and she has such a passion for others, so Even though this describtion seems crazy, i think it fits her well!!!
 
Now, some interesting comparisions, My whole life I have been told I act a lot like my father, that I look like him, and I am definately his daughter (I almost wrote son... not sure brain fart...) but that I have good characteristics of my mom too, but My Dad was a Boar/Pig as well, so that was interesting, now it gets a little weirder because Besides Chris who looks extremely like my dad, we have another family memeber that looks scary close to her Great Uncle Blair.  Little Julia, came out and I said oh my gosh she looks like Daddy, and everyday she get older and older she looks more like him!!! But our Little Julia is a Boar as well.  Now Anna Grace is a monkey as well, and her and Brad are 2 peas in a pod. 
 
Also Kathy was told her whole life that she looks and act like our Mom Louie, well Louie is a Tiger too!! Tom you are a Dragon...haha not literally...hehe :) but in the chinese zodiac world!!!
 
OH and our newest addition to the family...Adelaide...she is a tiger too!!! Steve and Courtney get ready for passionate, and colorful, and unpredictable!!!!
 
So everyone check out you zodiac sign and see if you think you fit, it is interesting to read the stories of how all this came about too.
 
Well that is your thing to do today, read about the Chinese Zodiac....is just fun, nothing serious. Please comment if you think you fit the animal you are!!! I miss everyone...Pictures of the house coming soon!!! Love you!!!

1 comment: