Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Boomer and Munson and Great Family

Hey everyone, So I promised more blog posts, yet I have not followed through, which if you know me, that is not like me to promise something and then not get it together...So I need to be punished and get on the bandwagon!!! So we have moved, and that is no longer an excuse says my good friend Lahrissa!!! So I will stop using that excuse and keep you people informed of my wonderful, super interesting life, that you guys can't live without hearing what is going on...that should be a clue that I should keep you in the loop, because all of you have put your life on hold for me...he he I am SOOOOO kidding!! I will get better.

But first a Yay for my good friend from Savannah, My Running buddy and great friend Debbie, is now a grandmother.  Luke joined us at the beginning of Last week, so we are very happy.  Also while dealing with Montye and a few things Debbie gave great comfort while dealing with Montye's diagnosis, because her family has dealt with cancer and worried that having Luke might not be possible, so Yay for the Butler and Bragg Family!!!! We love little miracles and when we see God in our Life!!! We know he is there but it is an amazing thing when we get to see him in our lives!!!

Next, Brad's family is SOOO wonderful.  Nancy and Bill have been taking wonderful care of Munson and Rocky over the past few months, while I fought my dog war against the military!  Well after long discussions we have decided to have Munson come live with us and Rocky (my main hunting, and wondering man) will be holding down the fort in Oklahoma.  So since Munson is such a whinny Baby, Brad decided that he wanted to get a dog. We look all over the island at numerous types of dogs, and this little guy just called to Brad.  We then a vote on what we should name him, since he is Brad's dog, i had no say in the matter.  Sumo was a great name suggestion along with Chomper, i really liked both.  But Since I am from Geaorgia and Munson is named after Georgia, Brad decided that Boomer, should be Named after Oklahoma, since that is where Brad is from so we have Boomer Sooner and our Munson "voice of the Bulldogs".  The little girl downstairs says that she named Boomer because Brad asked if he should be Chomper or Boomer, so she claims the naming which is very cute.

Jana, a friend of ours, who is great!! Is a photographer, you should check her website out  http://janawhitephotography.com/, took a few random photos on the long day of finding Boomer.  Here are a few...
Boomer is very sweet but he does not like to get into trouble, well he does but he does not like to get caught!!! He is funny and keeps us on our toes, I think he will do the same for Munson , when munson gets here. Our Oklahoma and texas family are getting Munson ready for "Munson's Great Adventure" they are the Dream team!!! They are helping with all his paperwork and getting him on the plane.  Munson will be on his way here on 26 April. We will get him here 28 April (i think).  We cant wait to get our Hunk of love, and we will Miss Rocky but we think it will be best, also Nana and Bpa are doing such a good job as Granddog parents, we did not want to saden them too much by both boys leaving!! He he!!

I will post pictures of the apartment, the zipline, and a few resturantast that we have been to lately, but once again i do not want to run out of material, and I need to stick to my promise, and Brad needs to help me with the zip line photos and video...you too Robert!!!

Anyways, I love and miss you guys!!! until Later!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Debbie and family... that is such great news!!! Liz, so excited for you and Brad... a new member of the family...he's very cute. So happy you all got the dog situation worked out... I know having your sweet Munson will make all the difference.

    Lots of love to you both... missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the congrats! We are so in love with Luke. I'm so glad to know Montye continues to do well. Life has a way of always keeping us on our toes but is so worth it. God is good.

    I love little Boomer. He is a cutie. Can't wait to hear how Munson reacts to his baby brother.

    Keep up the good work with your blog. It helps us know what your life is like way over there.

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete