Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kid Rock and Sea Urchins~Random Things from Camp Zama

Ok, last weekend I traveled to Camp Zama.  That is our headquarters for the Japan Disitrict.  I had training there last week.  It is a nice area.  It is about 2 hours outside Toyko.  So I road on my first double decker plane.  It was huge!!! I will start Kid Rock.  My bestest brother and wonderful role model that I have looked up to my whole life!!! he is so wonderful and I cant wait to see him.  One of the things I remember about him when I was younger was the first time I got to bring him to school.  I got to come to school late that day (WHICH NEVER HAPPENED, I HAD TO BE DIEING IN order to miss school as a kid).  I was in the 5th grade, and he had brought Chasta to come visit as well. He was 21 at the time so I think this was one of the first few times we met Chasta.  Well I loved her and wanted to be just like her with her hair spray and everyhing.  Well Hootie and the Blowfish had just come out with their new CD, and with Chris always being so good at keeping up with what was cool he had the CD.  Well he gave it to me that day in his car after he took me to school!!! It was so awesome!!!  Soooo

I have always thought of music with my brother.  We really like a lot of the same things.  Especailly some of the more Rock and Roll stuff.  but we love Kid Rock, and Noah my wonderful nephew has always loved Kid rock.  So a long time running us Ortstadt's have loved Kid Rock.  I can rememeber when Noah was no more than 3-4, he was sitting in his car seat and had passed the time where he would only sleep in the car or would only scream in the car...what fun days!!! Well Chris had the new Kid Rock CD and I had gone to visit.  Chris said, "Hey Elizabeth you want to see something funny?", I said sure...He said this is a really awesome song...It was Jackson Mississippi, it is one of Kid Rock's more hard core songs, see below in link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGeRAPD6iSU He turned it on pretty load and i look in the back seat and there Noah is singing every word of the song!!! It was so cute, chris said he didnt even like the song but Noah would always ask for it and then Chris became to love it.  So this song always reminds me of Noah and Chris....Well to get back on track... Kid Rock has redone the song with Dale Earnhardt Jr. it premotes the National Guard! It is a really awesome song and video, so please check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzSBEVbXtM

But hearing the new American Warrior version of the song reminded me of the "joys" of the military family but made me proud to have a husband that wants to serve!!! I am glad we have people like him in the world, and it made me remember the fun car ride of Noah singing Kid Rock and my brother always looking out for me!!!!
I cant wait to see you guys!!! i miss you a lot!!!

Ok so i saw the video in camp zama.

I also went to a highly recommended sushi resturant there.  We went with a couple of my co-workers. It was really fun hangin out with them and one of their wives is very Japanese savy. So helped with ordering food.  Well we ordered a very large variety of sushi.  Well one of the things was raw sea urchin.  I figured I needed to try it since I didnt have to really pay for it and might as well.  Well I tried it.  It is NOT my favorite.  I said oh this tastes very oceany...Tim said it way more nicer...as i feel like i am eating a boger off an old fishing net.  So I have eaten worse but think twice about eating raw sea urchin, it is like an oyster but definately not as good.   Well I miss everyone, and I would have posted this sooner but I did not have computer access last week during training...

No comments:

Post a Comment