Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My First Snail Encounter!!!

This morning I had my first Snail encounter. It was huge!!!!!! I should have taken a picture but I was so scared I couldn’t think, until later, which would have been a great time to take a picture so that everyone knew I made it by the snail. Well I was just walking into work like a normal day. We have a back door that leads right into our building. (We are on our own separate cantonment (sp…fenced in area like a mini base) area) so I had showed my ID, parked and was walking in when in the middle of the sidewalk there was a 6” long snail with a shell the size of my fist. I am not exaggerating. I promise( the picture would be good now). He was blocking the sidewalk to our building. He was right in the middle like he knew I was coming. So I freaked, went great what a morning and I jumped right over him!!!! I was then freaked out at my desk thinking he was going to be in my purse when I stuck my hand in it or that he would crawl on my desk. But at the same time I was proud I went by him!!!! So I made it but I did think oh man I hope I don’t see another one for at least a few days, I had the hee-bee-jee-bees for a few hours this morning!!!! But I made it. Next time I will be brave enough to take a pic and post on my blog so you can tell how big these suckers are…I told everyone at work….. they laughed at my fear and made it sound like that wasn’t even a big one!!!! Yikes!!!

Well sorry I was gone so long!!! We moved into pet friendly housing and only had 5 days to move from one house to the other on our own, and it come out of no where, so we have been moving trying to get dogs here before the heat gets too bad, but we are good now, and Munson should be here soon. Probably 2 weeks. We decided not to bring Rocky because he likes the farm too much, and to move him to an apratment would stink!!! But I will be back to posting more often and I will get the pictures/ videos from forrest adventure park up soon as we get our computer up and running at the apartment!!! Miss yall and love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment