Moving to Another Country

I want to reach out and maybe meet some more people here, or talk with each other and find news, things to do, or information about living in another country, especially Okinawa. Please email eaosmith@gmail.com with suggestions, comments, problems or ideas with dealing with moving to another country.

Friday, March 19, 2010

New Addition to the Family

Last week, my brother, Steve and his wife Courtney had a baby. Her name is Adelaide Rose, she is so cute. I wish I could meet her in person but I will have to wait until she is older.



So that is some big news.

This week has been super busy at work, I am starting to get the hang of things and a lot of people are on leave, so it is CRAZY. I have to fend for myself, which is a little scary but I am learning a lot!!!

No news on housing, or pets. I had a bad dream that Munson and Rocky were sad and sick, but then I woke up and realized it wasn’t true and they are happy on the farm!!!

Brad passed his big test with really awesome score 118, he needed a 110. So he will have everything to put in for a warrant officer so that is our next goal. Hopefully he will get this wonderful career promotion and then I will plan a family reunion in Washington DC for his promotion, and some tourist events!!! We will also get to see our favorite friends (Adam and Mary and big boy Logan). Who is also a cutie!!!

This weekend we have a big one planned, tomorrow we are going to a zip line course, Brad and Rob will be wearing head cams so we should have some interesting stuff for you. Also it will be our 1st anniversary and the greatest sister-in-laws birthday!!! On Sunday we will probably celebrate a little. We are going on the zip line for a celebration with our friends here and Jeremy’s Birthday. Also we have a triathlon scheduled for Sunday, I am not sure if I am ready to run one, but we will see. I also do not want to pass it up either. I will keep you all posted!!!

Also i had lunch at King Taco, GREAT PLACE!!! it is a taco rice and cheese place.  Someone a long time ago mixed mexican food with Japanese rice to make an Okinawan Orginal.  It is very good, rice, taco meat, and cheese.

 I went there for lunch and took a  30 min lunch. Well when I was on my way back which should be a simple drive home, I had to take a one way road.  Here in Okinawa you are never lost because it is a small island (BUT YOU CAN DEFINATELY BE SOMEWHERE YOU DO KNOW) so my lunch quickly became an hour lunch due to my lovely detour that brought me right back to where I started!!! ha ha gotta love driving on a no-name streets, with signs in a different language and on very skinny roads!!!! Yikes!!! I made it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth!! I was so excited to drive my tiny little Mazda Demio when I was there a couple years ago because I knew it would be easy to get around, but the roads are definitely proportionately tinier and narrower than here, too. So, I may as well have been driving a big car. Also, if I am going to spend any time at all there or in Japan, I'm going to have to learn to back up and back into parking spaces. I really loved it when I turned down what is a normal width road and it became narrower and narrower and then there are those walls that are build right up to the tiny and narrow roads. There is adventure around every corner. I want to try taco rice!! You are doing great! I love reading about your excellent adventures! That zip line is near Nakadomari, where I stayed in a little inn for about 10 days, I think. I think it is near the Renaissance?? Anyway, have a ball and enjoy every minute of it! I so envy you!!! Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Steve and his darling wife... she is beautiful.

    Also, finally got your care package (with mexican food) in the mail...should be there soon.
    Love you, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete